Pages

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The House

Since MIL has been in hospital we have been going to her house.
The first time was to pick up stuff she needed, but I couldn't stay inside.  The smell was
revolting, and made me sick.
David spent one Saturday morning moving out bags and bags of trash, she had collected trash together but just left it.  The summers here a really hot and humid so even after a day the  trash starts to smell, so after a few weeks.....YUK!!!!
David also found jars of Japanese pickles that she had been making.  Inside were flies, about 2 inches thick, some other pickles have something swimming in them!  The floor of the kitchen/dinning area is covered in insect casings and the window were black with some kind of insect (I don't look to carefully, so I have no idea what they are).  The carpets were wet and moldy, not sure if it was just water or urine!
I went the one Sunday to help clean up, what used to be the living room was filled from floor to ceiling with empty cardboard boxes, so we threw those out.  Found a massive, palm size cockroach in the kitchen draw.  That sent me screaming and running down the corridor.  David said I was faster than Bolt!  Could be true, when I saw that thing come for me I just took off,  shouting "Mommy. Mommy, Mommy " at the top of my lungs!
MIL is doing okay.  She had her operation last week.  I had to be at the hospital during the operation, then listen to the doctors explanation after.  All in all 4 hours just hanging around!  The doctor said that she will be in hospital until at least the new year plus she can't drive afterwards.  So looks like finding a care home for her.  Living together sis not an option, I am not putting myself or my kids through that again.
Of course I am paying for everything. Even before I've started paying  medical bills I have had to fork out about $300 for taxi (to move her from one hospital to another), plus special diapers, towels etc, If I add in the extra gas it comes close to $400, money that I should be saving!


No comments:

Post a Comment