Pages

Friday, September 1, 2017

Mother-in-Law

So my MIL is in hospital!
She fell on the outside steps and broke her leg!  Of course things are not as simple as they look!
Apparently she fell two or three days before she was found! She must of been in agony!  Not able to move, she couldn't reach the phone  and of course didn't eat or drink for that time!  So she arrived in the local hospital dehydrated which has put a strain in her kidneys and heart. The doctor will send her to the larger hospital to operate once she is  stable.  The doctor will have to open her leg and attach a metal plate with screws. Problem is her knee is artificial, the break is above the knee and there is not so much bone between the break and the  knee.  So how to fix the plate at that point is going to be a problem!
Another problem is the state of the house!  It is disgusting!  Looks like she is unable to take care of herself!  There are bugs everywhere and bug casings on the floor! It was so bad that I didn't take my shoes off to go in the house.  In Japan we never wear shoes in the house but the floors were so bad I couldn't face walking around in bare feet!  The carpets are wet and going moldy, the sinks are black from mold. I couldn't stay inside!  We needed to pick up some towels for MIL, I ended up buying new ones! The biggest problem is going to be the cost of all this!  With no other family we will have to pay.  MIL has some insurance but it won't cover everything, plus I think she needs to be in a home! In Japan the government helps if you keep old people at home and take care of them.  But we tried that and even with my husbands help I felt suicidal by the end of one year with her! There is no way I can take care of her without my husband!  It would strain our family too much!  So looks like all the dreams and plans I was making will have to be put aside to pay for MILs care!  What a life!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Did she have any other children that could help out? Also, check with your City Hall. They may have some programs that can help you and her. You may need to start applying now.

    Wishing you strength!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God tests those he loves the most. If you can find the heart to serve her unconditionally I am sure that blessings will come to your family, it won´t be easy but you are a champion.

    ReplyDelete