Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Confession

My house is a mess!
A disaster!
Every room is over run with things.  The bedrooms are the worst!  Clothes spill out of the closets onto the floor!  Clean laundry is left lying around!
I need to get sorted.  I need to throw out stuff that we no longer use or need!
But I don't and my kids are following my example which is very bad!
Part of my problem is that I worry if I let things go I won't be able to replace them!  So I have clothes that are too small for me.  Drawers that are full of clothes that I haven't worn for about 5 years but I feel bad when I think about throwing them out.  I feel guilty that I have wasted money on things!  Crazy because I almost never buy clothes for myself!
Then there is the problem of the books!  I have hundreds if not thousands of books.  I have book shelves all over the place.  Some I have read and will want to read again.  Some like my cook books I look at time and again,  finding new recipes or making recipes that I know everybody loves.  But then I have books I bought when the kids were little and I wanted them to learn English.  Those take up a lot of space and aren't being used but again it is hard to throw them out.
But I am tired of trying to organize stuff.  This house is very dusty and because stuff is lying around then the dust builds up and drives me crazy!
So  I have to try and sort out.  That is going to be my mission for the rest of this year.  I really want to get things in order. 
Then there is the garden.  But that is another post!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jackie, Over my summer vacation(school was out) I took one room at a time to clean. I purged lots and lots of "stuff." I am like you, I have small clothes, medium size clothes and larger size. I finally took everything out of the closet and tried on. I had 3 piles. Throw away, give away and use. Now granted, I didn't do as much as I could have, but it was a start. For books, I took a bag or two to school and gave away, threw some away (I know it was awful), but I did make a dent in the stacks. Don't give up, just stay strong. A friend has a rule that each month she gets rid of 10 items. Just ten of anything she wants. Maybe let your kids start with some of their things to purge. Amyway, take care and don't stress. Laura

    ReplyDelete